We’re all just so “busy” these days. “Buried”, “slaves to the machine”, “trying to keep our heads above water” etc. …
In fact, most managers are so “busy” doing stuff … they never have time to learn how to become masters at being in control.
When managers say they’re “busy” this is what we’ve learned they mean: –
I’m busy = I’m important.
Being “busy, busy, busy” gives people a sense they’re needed and important. It’s also a sign that they are probably looking at quantity instead of quality of activity. Busyness does not equal productivity.
I’m busy = I’m not going to give you the help you need to succeed.
Managers saying that they’re “busy” is a handy way to dodge the responsibility to support people properly. Since they’re always “buried” they don’t have to do anything for anybody.
I’m busy = I’m winning (when, in fact, it means I’m losing control).
To say that “I’m busier than you are” means I’m more important, or that my time is more valuable or that I am on the treadmill of some never ending rat race so, leave me alone?
Being “busy, busy, busy” is not a virtue. Thinking that it is, is a serious error in perspective. It allows us to avoid meaningful interactions, commitments, common courtesy, etc.
In this way, “busyness” functions as a kind of laziness, irresponsibility and lack of professionalism.
Tip: avoid the “b” word at all costs … and come and talk to us about how we can massively improve your time management, prioritising and productivity … unless, of course, you’re too “busy”?
We, at Sewells, are giving your business a unique and priceless opportunity to win a diagnostic consultancy for a group of senior colleagues of your choice, to help discover the attitudes and culture prevalent at various levels of the organisation and much more. The results gathered will help guarantee your business will hit its targets … and much more!
- As a result of our work with an organisation in the automotive industry they had seen their best sales and profit results for 22 years – with no new products coming to market
- Another organisation in the financial services industry had seen sales up by 27% this YTD … on top of a record year
- Also, after working with an organisation in the oil and gas industry, we helped them accelerate sales activity by52% and productivity by 68%
Find out the “missing ingredient” your people need to guarantee you hit your targets … register to win a Sewells sales health check worth over £11,000!
The package comprises of:
- 3 days of strictly private and confidential one-on-one diagnostic interviews with key people, who you will chose
- 2 days of analysis of the interviews – the results of your sales health check
- 1 day of report writing to bring it all together
- A diagnostic feedback session with you (and whoever else you’d like to involve) to hear, examine and talk through the results – your ‘prognosis’ and bespoke ‘treatment plan’!
If you’d like to register for your chance to win this incredible package at absolutely NO COST to you, register here and we will place your name in the hat!