DE BEERS CASE STUDY
Sparkling, sustainable performance improvements set to continue in 2022
In early 2017 Sewells were invited to put together a programme for De Beers Group (the world’s leading diamond company) developing the Leadership capability within the Global Sales Team.
Improving performance and results through sustainable and positive culture change
Mission, Vision, Values and Standards of Behaviours linked to the strategies to enable optimal strategic execution
Development of genuine and sustainable customer centricity
A brilliant team spirit within this team
A collaborative, united, capable and strong Leadership Team
How to become great leaders and working together as a team
To improve the team culture and create an “unstoppable” high performance environment for people to operate – and thrive – within. Understanding how to drive positive change in Sales and overcome resistance from the team.
How We Helped
Creating a road map for continuous and sustainable performance improvements (hard & soft).
Initially, Sewells carried out a diagnostic exercise (121 private and confidential interviews with a cross section of team members). The insights provided were priceless in terms of designing and delivering the right leadership programme to exceed pre-agreed (hard and soft) outcomes which were: –
- Co-create a Global Sales mission and vision to align the team – which dovetails into De Beers mission and vision
- Come together as one truly united and highly effective team
- Begin a journey to become great leaders – and create more leaders
- Build trust and desire for collaboration across the senior team and with the Key Account Manager teams
- Clarification on what the vision looks like in reality ‘day to day’ … becoming masters at developing the principles and practices to make it happen.
The programme comprised 7 distinct modules over a 24-month period and included 121 performance coaching between modules to embed the learning and hold team members accountable to the action plans to which they committed.
Nothing is impossible!
- The linking of Mission, Vision, Values and Standards of Behaviours to the strategies, plans and measures to enable optimal strategic execution and performance improvements in all areas of the operation
- Development of genuine and sustainable customer centricity – improving trust and loyalty
- Creation of a brilliant, supportive rather than competitive team spirit within this leadership team (and extending this to the Key Account Managers team)
- A cohesive, collaborative Global Sales Leadership team driving performance with a clear outcomes-focused plan