What do you think of when you hear the words “winning team”?
Do you think of a football, netball, rugby or racing team? Why do you think that is? Probably because you’re either part of one of these teams or you’ve seen them in action on the pitch or on TV.
For example, the racing driver doesn’t just win the race on his own. He has his team of mechanics, engineers, race manager and cast of 1000s behind the scenes – before, during and after the race – working so tightly as a team that every split second counts during that pit stop.
How much do you think they are all focused on winning and performing at their very best?
What do you think would happen if they weren’t focused on winning or working together the best they can as a team or didn’t communicate with each other in an effective way? They’d undoubtedly lose the race!
If the answer is “yes”, let us ask you some more questions …
- Do they have the right team dynamics? With no politics, turf wars, hurtful trading of insults or corporate psychopaths?
- Are you leading / managing / inspiring them remotely and brilliantly, all the time?
- Are they producing the results you and they want and deserve day in day, day out?
- Do they communicate effectively with each other and, with whomever else needs to be kept in the loop?
- Do you recruit the right people with the right attitudes and mindsets in the first place who deserve to be part of your winning team?
- Do you have a winning team you can totally rely on (like our racing team in the pit stop)?
If you’ve answered “no” to any of the above questions, you probably need to admit to yourself that there’s considerable room for improvement before you can call them a winning team. Which means, you won’t be getting optimal results and performance. No, seriously … you won’t!
We’ve been working with our customers on how to build and retain high performing, winning teams in their organisations and they’ve been blown away by the improvements in their performance, team spirit, the customer experience and customer loyalty it has created for them.
- Staff turnover – reduced by 46% from previous year which saved our client over £1 million
- More than 8,500 suggestions over a two year period from the shop floor as part of a suggestion scheme up within the programme
- Employee opinion survey scores at 81% up from 75%